(1) This state of denial is facilitated by conspiracy theories, so common in closed societies.(2) Darren sees all this carefully orchestrated chaos and confusion as a way to unlock closed minds.(3) A vortex may either end at the boundary of the fluid or may form a closed loop with itself to form a vortex ring.(4) Moreover, they saw it as a closed system governed by its own elaborate rules, which it was the task of the structuralist to lay bare.(5) JHis behaviour highlights the dangers of combining a big mouth with a closed mind.(6) Then it was off to a closed meeting between members of the mayoral committee and local councillors.(7) And that's the beauty of using music as a Trojan Horse into closed minds.(8) What is an open society and what is a closed society depends on where one is located in it.(9) A closed system is one that receives no energy from outside the system itself.(10) This isn't to say that secular liberals aren't also sometimes afflicted by prejudice or guilty of a closed mind.(11) Hundreds of former workers at the now closed carpet factory could be at risk from exposure to the killer dust.(12) After Stella's performance, the judges held a closed discussion for what seemed like eons.(13) If you take the whole Solar System and treat it as a closed system, the entropy does increase, just as the laws of thermodynamics require.(14) While the Scheme is a closed scheme no new members may be admitted and the contributions of the Employers will cease.(15) Any model of a single closed state is therefore inadequate to represent them.(16) Upon arriving at the door we were individually told that this was always a closed meeting and not open to the public.
(1) close :: preto
(2) closed caption :: Lenda pechada
(3) road closed :: estrada pechada
(4) closed loop :: circuíto pechado
(5) closed up :: pechou-se
(6) behind closed doors :: de portas pechadas
(7) closed captioning :: closed caption
(8) tightly closed :: ben pechado
(9) closed user group :: grupo de usuarios pechado
(10) closed door :: porta pechada
(11) closed circuit :: circuíto pechado
1. unsympathetic ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Raquel, it’s Sunday, they’ll be CLOSED.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
The registers are CLOSED.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
We've been over this. The matter's CLOSED.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
A serape is open at the sides,
a poncho is CLOSED. This is a poncho.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
English to Galician Dictionary: closed
Meaning and definitions of closed, translation in Galician
language for closed with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of closed in Galician and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'closed'
What closed means in Galician, closed meaning
in Galician, closed
definition, examples and pronunciation
of closed in Galician language.