Noun(1) polished surface that forms images by reflecting light(2) a faithful depiction or reflection
Verb(1) reflect as if in a mirror(2) reflect or resemble
(1) it's a mirror of life(2) he broke the bathroom mirror(3) he checked his appearance in the mirror(4) The following extracts especially appealed to me, because they mirror my own experience.(5) She managed to go a few steps further before she saw the bathroom mirror reflecting what was in it.(6) Critically, I studied myself in the full-length mirror on the wall.(7) Much of the work presented here invites analogies to US culture, providing a mirror and a model as much as a window onto a distant country.(8) I stood up and walked over to the full length mirror hanging on my closet door.(9) He pulled on his jeans and looked into the mirror above the sink.(10) If you are transferring from anonymous sites, the format is almost identical to the one used to mirror a Web site.(11) Sam looked dubiously at the large oval mirror on the desk, as Ryan set blue candles around it.(12) I looked into the large, round silver mirror on the wall adjacent to my bed.(13) The world, far from being a rough wilderness one has to force into one's own likeness, is now a mirror .(14) I was in for another surprise when I saw familiar images reflected in the mirror .(15) Events at the school closely mirror the political situation in Chile as a whole.(16) Hold a mirror in front of you and you can suddenly see behind you.
(1) rearview mirror :: espello retrovisor
(2) hand mirror :: espello de man
(3) mirror image :: imaxe de espello
(4) side mirror :: espello lateral
(5) wing mirror :: espello retrovisor
(6) look in the mirror :: mirar no espello
(7) broken mirror :: espello roto
(8) mirror ball :: bola de espellos
(9) rear mirror :: espello retrovisor
(10) concave mirror :: espello cóncavo
1. reflecting surface ::
2. full-length mirror ::
espello de corpo enteiro
3. hand mirror ::
espello de man
4. side mirror ::
5. rear-view mirror ::
7. glass ::
8. reflect ::
9. match ::
10. reproduce ::
11. imitate ::
12. simulate ::
13. copy ::
14. mimic ::
15. echo ::
16. parallel ::
17. correspond to ::
mirror, mirrored, mirroring, mirrors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- What is your move?
- I'm going to use the MIRROR technique.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
Space is the MIRROR of the soul.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
washing her armpits
and smiling stupidly at the MIRROR,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
Now imagine there was never
a MIRROR to begin with.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
There's one where you just put
the baby in front of a MIRROR
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
English to Galician Dictionary: mirror
Meaning and definitions of mirror, translation in Galician
language for mirror with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mirror in Galician and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'mirror'
What mirror means in Galician, mirror meaning
in Galician, mirror
definition, examples and pronunciation
of mirror in Galician language.